The Other Side looks at the truth behind the story of The Wind Rises.
Hot Wind Blowing from the Metal Gear Rising Soundtrack
In a follow-up to their infamous Miyazaki episode, The Other Side takes a look at Miyazaki’s “last” film, The Wind Rises. Specifically, the creepy undertones of revisionist history and the apparent denial of any responsibility from Japan for WWII. Was Jiro really the pacifist he was painted as in the film? Can Miyazaki be any crappier of a person? Find out the answer to all these questions, and more!’
- Fez is a platformer with no enemies
- Phil Fish quits gaming
- The Zoe Post on Tumblr
- Quinnspiracy Theory: The Five Guys Saga
- Anita Sarkeesian is Busted!
REFERENCES TO THE WIND RISES:
- Miyazaki Conversation on The Other Side
- Kiki’s Delivery Service was Directed by Miyazaki, Sorry Cody (Editor’s Note)
- Jiro Horikoshi subject of The Wind Rises
- The Wind Rises on Rotten Tomatoes
- Studio Ghibli: Is the Spirited Away anime producer shutting down?
- Roger Ebert’s Review of Grave of the Fireflies